Stopping hunting on your land in France

Effectively France is divided into Departements that come under Law Verdeille and those that don't.

Law Verdeille applies in the following Departements: 03, 05, 07, 09, 11, 15, 17, 23, 25, 26, 31, 33, 35, 38, 39, 40, 43, 54, 55, 56, 66, 70, 73, 74, 79, 82, 86, 87, 90. 
​Although rare it may possibly apply in some Communes in Departements that aren't under the Law. In such case there should be signs ""terrains appartenant au territoire de l’ACCA""  -  you can ask at the Mairie if in doubt.

In Departements under Law Verdeille

Should you wish to take your land out of “la chasse” you will need to complete a simple form. 

You will require the date of creation of your local ACCA and the name and address of its President; in theory your Mairie should supply this information, but they can be unhelpful, in which case you have to get it from the Prefecture.
You will need plans showing your plots with their numbers and their relationship to the immediate surroundings.

You will need copies of the purchase (title deeds) of your property which proves ownership. As the contract that an ACCA or ACA has with a commune has a duration of five years, anyone using this procedure will not have their request finalised until the next five yearly renewal for their local association, based on five yearly periods from the date of its creation.

All of this once completed must be lodged with your Prefecture, making absolutely sure that you get an “Accuse de Reception” a minimum of six months before the next five yearly “birthday” for your ACCA. This can however be objected to and refused, although this is extremely unlikely. If this happens it can be appealed to the departmental tribunal, who will almost certainly, (99.9%), approve it. To make life easier and have someone to help overcome any of these obstacles, I would always recommend using ASPAS, an association that will not only deal with obstructions in getting it done in the first place but will also provide legal assistance if there are any infractions once you have your “Chasse Interdite” in place. The only other thing that you would then have to do is put up signs with “Chasse Interdite” on the perimeter placed every 50 metres, these can be obtained quite cheaply.  Tel: 04 75 25 10 00​ - Link below.

Other Departements NOT under Law Verdeille:

It is sufficient to simply put signs up on the perimeter as above. In addition it may be a good idea to also put up signs with "Propriété privée" and take by hand a short polite letter to your Mairie notifying them of your decision.

ASPAS : Association pour la  Protection des Animaux Sauvages

Signs available from HERE